Who can AFFMA help?
AFFMA provides free immigration advice to financially disadvantaged people in New South Wales eligible for a protection visa. AFFMA is not part of the Department of Immigration or any other Government department. All migration advice given on behalf of AFFMA is given by volunteer Registered Migration Agents.
Our vision and purpose
The main purpose of The Association is to provide a one-stop shop offering a range of services refugees and asylum seekers need to access as follows:
- Pro bono assistance, by RMAs, in their migration application to the Department of Home Affairs
- Financial assistance to meet the cost of their migration application, health check and the like;
- Pro bono assistance in their appeal application to the Refugee Review Tribunal and the Migration Review Tribunal if needed;
- Advising the target group(s) of their rights and duties under Australian Laws after being granted a Permanent visa;
- Connect the target group(s) to mainstream services, (eg Centrelink, Medicare, ATO, employment services and mental health services dealing with victims of torture and trauma), as well as settlement service providers through community and local connections and networks in order to create a welcoming environment and opportunities to help with their settlement needs and make the adjustment to living in Australia.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.