In the news
- Refugees in Greece protest the border closure with FYROM following the deal between the EU and Turkey http://www.skynews.com.au/
news/world/europe/2016/03/29/ refugees-protest-greek-border- closure.html
- 1400 refugees rescued off Italy as alternative routes are found following the closure of mainland borders and the Greece-Turkey dealhttp://www.skynews.com.au/
news/world/europe/2016/03/30/ 1400-refugees-rescued-off- italy.html
- Opinion piece outlining the complexities of the European response to the refugee influx relevant to the Brussels attacks http://www.afr.com/opinion/
refugee-crisis-european- reaction-will-add-fuel-to- terrorist-fire-20160329-gnsvb9
- The war in Syria has already created 2.4 million child refugees. Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/
world/syria-war-creates-24- million-child-refugees-un- says-20160314-gniunl.html
- Thousands of refugees bypassed Macedonia’s closed border by wading through a river, only to be forcibly returned to Greece. Read more: http://www.theguardian.
com/world/2016/mar/15/ macedonia-forcibly-returns- refugees-greece-idomeni
- A recent study has shown that refugees are at an increased risk of psychosis. Read more: http://www.sbs.com.au/news/
- Australia to minimise the intake of Single Sunni men from Syriahttp://www.theaustralian.com.
au/national-affairs/ immigration/refugee-intake- will-minimise-single-sunni- men-favour-christians/news- story/ 81c18d53915dbc89a7c80ce00d2d6d d0
- PNG prepares detained refugees for release by separating them on Manus Island http://www.abc.net.au/news/
2016-03-30/manus-island- asylum-seekers,-refugees-on- the-move/7284960
- Two Iranian refugees who were transferred from Nauru to Cambodia have opted to return home. Read more: http://www.abc.net.au/
news/2016-03-08/refugees- returned-home-after-being- transferred-from-nauru/7230118
- The Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea has stated that the country does not have the resources to resettle the 916 refugees currently in detention on Manus Island. Read more: http://www.theguardian.
com/australia-news/2016/mar/ 03/papua-new-guinea-lacks- resources-to-resettle-all- manus-island-refugees-warns-pm
- The government of Nauru has denied that refugee children are being abused in school. Read more: http://www.abc.net.au/
news/2016-03-09/nauru-govt- denies-abuse-of-refugee- school-children/7234772